Golden Sweet Sorghum Cornbread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup warmed sorghum syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan or iron skillet (preferred).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. Whisk together egg, sorghum syrup, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan or skillet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Serve immediately.